Certificates of completion: Written and practical evaluation will complete the course. Issued by The Czech Therapeutic Riding Association, Occupational and Physical Therapist will be credited with CME hours by the national professional body.
Course duration: 4 days (1 day / 8 hours).
The number of participants is limited to 12 in order to take the best advantage of the course. Minimum of participants is 8.
What you will learn...
The course focuses on gaining theoretical and practical skills for performing hippotherapy for children from 1 year to 3 years of age.
The participants will learn how to:
- evaluate psycho-motor development and pathophysiology,
- evaluate children for hippotherapy,
- plan and perform a professional and safe hippotherapy treatment session which requires:
- matching the horse and the child,
- positioning the child on the horse as well as applying all necessary adjustments including using various aids,
- defining the duration of the hippotherapy treatment session and its intensity,
- selecting the appropriate terrain.
Certificates will be issued by the The Czech Therapeutic Riding Association.
Who can apply?
- To be a registered physical or occupational therapist, a speech-language pathologist or a physician.
- To have completed hippotherapy course in your country of origin.
- To have a minimum of 200 hours of practice – experience in hippotherapy.
- To have experience in pediatric rehabilitation.
- To have completed course Baby Bobath concept or NDT.