Certificates of completion: Written and practical evaluation will complete the course. Issued by The Czech Therapeutic Riding Association, Occupational and Physical Therapist will be credited with CME hours by the national professional body.
Course duration: 3 days (1 day / 8 hours).
The number of participants is limited to 8 in order to take the best advantage of the course. Minimum of participants is 4.
What you will learn...
The course focuses on gaining theoretical and practical skills in performance of hippotherapy in babies from 3 to 12 months of age. This course is mostly "hands on".
The participants will learn how to:
- evaluate psycho-motor development and pathophysiology,
- infant handling - stimulation, manipulation
- plan and perform a professional and safe hippotherapy treatment session which requires:
- matching the horse and the child,
- positioning the child on the horse as well as applying all necessary adjustments including using various aids,
- defining the duration of the hippotherapy treatment session and its intensity,
- selecting the appropriate terrain.
Who can apply?
- Completed course Hippotherapy applications for toddlers.
- Minimum of 100 hours of practice with children aged 1-3 years in hippotherapy.